The Final Reading Assignment in this class is a 10-minute video presentation you will prepare independently and submit by no later than Monday, March 23, at midnight.
To complete this assignment, you must:
1. select three books from the posted list — no exceptions or changes can be made
2. you must choose one book from each sublist, so that you read one work of fiction, one work of verse, and one work of creative nonfiction
3. you must complete the reading by no later than week 10 of the quarter, that is by no later than Sunday, March 15, so that you can prepare your video during week 11
4. as you read each book, prepare notes and draft rough answers to ALL of the questions listed below in the appropriate category — note: there are different questions for the nonfiction books — so you are prepared to answer any of the questions in your video presentation
5. on Monday, March 16, the start of week 11, you will receive notice of which questions you will have to answer for your own video presentation. Each student’s assigned list will be slightly different; you will be required to answer only one question for each book.
6. your video must be focused only on the questions you are assigned; you will lose points if you answer questions you weren’t assigned
7. your answers must be detailed and show clearly that you read the book and gave a lot of thought to the questions
8. there is no written requirement for this assignment — you only submit the video to Canvas
HOW TO CREATE YOUR VIDEO:
You will record on your phone a 10-minute video of yourself discussing your answers to your assigned questions. You can set yourself up to record anywhere you feel comfortable. Be sure to record in a place where you will not be interrupted. You should feel as if you are meeting the instructor for coffee or tea to discuss your three books. Be at ease, be yourself. Be sure the audio and the video are both clear. You may want to record one or more times for practice, and then do a final recording that is polished. If you are creative, you can include graphics and music. Just be sure that you are clearly audible so the instructor can hear all your answers clearly.
In your video should spend 3 to 4 minutes on each book and completely and carefully answer the questions you are assigned.
list of books
FICTION – choose one only
How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia, by Mohsin Hamid
NONFICTION/ MEMOIR – choose one only
The Best We Could Do, by Thi Bui
VERSE NOVEL – choose one only
House Arrest, by K.A. Holt
YOU WILL NEED TO ANSWER FOR FICTION:
How would you rewrite the ending of the story if you could? Why would you change it?
AND FOR VERSE:
How would you introduce the main character to your best friend?
AND FOR NONFICTION:
If you could recommend this book to one person, who would that be and why?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.