you could explore the dynamics when there is a conflict between collectivism and individualism in the workplace — for example, if the boss is from China and must manage people from the U.S. Or the reverse — a boss is from the U.S. and is managing people from a collectivist culture like China. Both could present difficulties. Trying to solve this conflict could be the basis of a very interesting paper.
This assignment is called “problem-based learning” because it involves identifying a problem that you encounter at work (preferably), school, or personal life. You will use concepts from organizational behavior to research the problem and devise a solution to it (I realize that implementing your solution within the time constraints of the semester may not be possible), and create a measure to assess your success. The assignment consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Problem Identification
• Identify one problem that you have in the workplace. Think about what particular OB concept(s) might address this problem. You have already written this, but now is the time to expand on your initial thoughts and clarify anything based on my feedback and/or our discussions (and talking with a librarian).
Step 2: Problem-Based Research
• Locate and use at least ten sources for the purpose of better understanding the problem and finding potential solutions. These should be a mix of scholarly sources (e.g., academic journal articles, books) and articles from the business press or “popular” media. Note: do not use or cite articles I assigned during the semester.
• You should follow APA guidelines for citing your sources. Refer to this site for help:
o Using a software program or online tool to keep track of your sources and cite them correctly can be very helpful. Ask a Rider librarian about programs such as Zotero (my personal favorite and it’s free).
o Note that in your references you should NOT list the database from which you obtained it (e.g., Business Source Premier) nor the URL that links to the specific article in the database (e.g., https://athena.rider.edu…).
Step 3: Solution Plan
• Develop a step-by-step action plan to address the problem you identified. Here you should integrate your research sources to help explain why the steps you created make sense and will contribute to a successful solution. What are the primary outcome(s) (dependent variables) that will be positively affected by your solution?
Step 4: Measurement Plan
• Devise a plan to evaluate the effectiveness of your solution. How will success be measured? Self-assessment? Feedback from others? Quantitative or qualitative data? A combination of measures? It is important to consider how you would determine your plan’s effectiveness.
Step 5: Reflection
• Reflect on your experience in thinking about solving the problem you identified. What did you learn, and how did it connect to our class? You might consider questions such as:
o What did you learn about yourself while working on this problem solution?
o What was the most difficult part of the process?
o What part of the project required you to master new skills?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.