ASSIGNMENT #3: Implicit Associations
Background Information: Humans are inherently biased. It’s part of our nature. Some biases we are aware of, others lie a bit more under the surface. The attitudes and beliefs that we hold affect our behaviors, our decision making, and our understanding and perspectives. Within these attitudes and beliefs there are biases. Bias that is outside of our conscious awareness is referred to as implicit bias. Researchers developed a measure that aims to assess implicit associations. This measure is known as the IAT (Implicit Association Test). The IAT is designed to assess implicit attitudes and beliefs—those attitudes and beliefs that we may have difficulty acknowledging or unable to acknowledge.
Assignment Type: Assessment and written reflection
Assignment Deadline: Friday, April 3rd @ 5pm
Completed 2 IATs
Evidence of thoughtful reflection to experience taking IAT Responded to all questions/prompts listed under STEP 3 Minimum requirements met for paper
Total Points Possible
Assignment Information: Learn about the IAT, complete two IAT measures, and write a 1.5- to 2- page reflection paper on the experience based on the writing prompts provided in the assignment requirements section.
o STEP 1: Visit the IAT website by clicking here.
▪ Read the following sections on this page: Overview, About the IAT, and Frequently Asked Questions.
▪ Reading these sections will give you a better understanding of the IAT and what it is attempting to measure.
o STEP 2: Take two IAT assessments by clicking here. ▪ Instructions:
• Click “Go!” under the “Project Implicit Social Attitudes” section
• On the next page, identify if you will be completing the measure via
touchscreen or via keyboard at the bottom of the next page.
• On the next page, you will select the IAT measure you will take.
▪ Complete TWO IAT assessments.
• There are a number of IATs to choose from: race, weight, sexuality,
religion, age, disability, etc.
▪ Be sure to pay attention to your results and how you compare to others. Don’t
worry if your results aren’t flattering, you are not alone. That is the norm!
o STEP 3: Write a 1.5- to 2-page (double-spaced) reflection paper addressing each of the
▪ Your experience taking the IAT assessments
• Identify the two IATs that you completed
• What was your experience while taking the IAT?
Page | 1
• How did you react to your results? Was it a surprise or expected?
• Did this measure increase your awareness? If so, what will you do with
that increased awareness?
▪ Your thoughts on the validity of the IAT
• Do you think the assessment is really measuring implicit bias? Why or Why not?
▪ Compare your results with something you learned in chapter 12 about bias
• How do your results tie into chapter 12 (Social Psychology) material?
▪ NOTE: Write at least 1 well-developed paragraph on each of the prompts above within your reflection paper.
▪ 1.5- to 2-pages (no less than 1.5 pages and no more than 2.5 pages)
▪ 12-point font (Times New Roman)
▪ 1-inch margins
▪ Includes your name and assignments name in the header
▪ Well-developed paragraphs (that is, 5-7 full and completed sentences for each
▪ Complete, full sentences
▪ Correct spelling and grammar
▪ Responds to each of the writing prompts outlined above.
MY IAT SCORES
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.