CECN511 Economy and Environment
Term Paper Writing Guidelines
In addition to developing students’ analytical and critical thinking skills, research skills, data and information management, and even time management skills, the main goal of writing term paper in this course is to apply the theoretical concepts and models of environmental economics to the real-life insights, policies, and decisions. The term paper will focus on a specific issue in the theories of environmental economics in the Canadian, more specifically in the provincial (Ontario) and municipal (GTA) context rather than addressing various and general country-wide issues at the same time. It should start immediately with analyzing and discussing the given topics (see the Term paper topics). Your analysis, evaluations and critique, and explanations stressing how theoretical models and concepts are applied to real life would be more valuable. It is also very important to discuss the underlying theories, concepts and assumptions.
The term paper should be structured as follows:
• Title, student and course information (cover page)
• Discussion and Analysis (the main content of the term paper)
• Summary and Conclusion
The term paper should be in a range of 1500-2000 words (excluding cover page, references, and appendix) and should be typed in Times New Roman with 12 font-size, and double-spaced and should contain separate pages for the cover, references, and appendix, if necessary.
Figures and tables should be inserted in the text where appropriate. If you use material from the web and other sources, this should be cited and the web address should be included in the reference list. APA/MLA format is used for citation and references.
The Term Paper Topics
Student will choose a topic from the following topics, and maximum 4 students can choose the same topic. Therefore, the student’s term paper topic will be approved by the instructor on the first-come first-served basis. Please send at least 3 topics in order of your preference to email@example.com.
1. The current environmental issues (except water and air pollution) in Ontario
2. The current environmental issues in the GTA
3. Water pollution in Ontario: What are the costs?
4. Air pollution in Ontario: What are the costs?
5. Water pollution in the GTA: What are the costs?
6. Air pollution in the GTA: What are the costs?
7. Benefits of the Climate Change?
8. What could be highest cost Canadians pay for the Global warming?
9. Carbon emissions: Domestic and global policy considerations
10. What were the effects and consequences of the cap and trade policy in Ontario?
11. What are the effects of the existing pollution tax in Ontario?
12. Mining in the Northern Ontario: What are the benefits and costs?
13. Health benefits of Greenhouse Gas Mitigation
14. What were (are) the environmental and economic impacts of Hurricane Katrina?
15. What are the benefits and costs Cosmetic Pesticides Ban?
16. What were (are) the environmental and economic impacts of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?
The term paper should be written in your own words. Sentences or paragraphs should not be copied from any sources written by others. According to the Ryerson Academic Integrity Policy 60, students will be penalized for plagiarism and will lose entire or partial marks.
The term paper must be submitted through D2L. The Turnitin score should not exceed 30%. Students are advised to submit the term paper, at first, without the reference list (because Turnitin detects the reference list texts as a plagiarism) and then if the Turnitin score is less than 30%, then the full version of the term paper (with the reference list) can be submitted.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.