This discussion relates to this week’s learning objective: Examining Child welfare policies and social worker roles. Identify older adult development in a societal context. Discuss the skills used in gerontology, school, and child social work.
The purpose of this discussion is to help you evaluate how a client’s developmental stage impacts their roles, expectations, and attitudes. Additionally, you will become more familiar with how society regards people in certain life stages and places expectations on them. You will also begin to identify skills, values, and roles that social workers play across the life-span. You will be expected to apply course concepts to your client’s case.
First, read the Harjo Case Study. Also read through the supplemental information on the city of Globe.
Address the following questions in your response:
1. Based on Tony’s biological age, in what stage of human development is he? Cite the specific stage in Erikson’s Human Development theory. How is Tony’s human developmental stage relevant to the case? What unique ethical concerns arise during your client’s stage, and how would you address them? (Hint: Ch7 Talks about birth – 18. See the handout in the module for Erikson’s stages of development. )
2. What are two social welfare programs (Macro Social Work) that your textbook mentioned that you think could help the Harjo family based on their presenting problems and needs? Why did you select these two programs? (Consult and use your course textbook for specific social policies/programs. Hint: Ch 7, 8, and 11 have some specific policies/programs, as does the rest of the textbook.)
3. Based on Ms. Harjo’s biological age, in what stage of human development is she? Cite the specific stage in Erikson’s Human Development theory. What kinds of attitudes do the public display toward people who are in the same human developmental stage as your Ms. Harjo?
4. In your role as a social worker, how would you help Ms. Harjo navigate the attitudes and expectations she faces from society?
5. What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.