1. Read the case CAREFULLY: Identifythe ethical dilemma (e.g., what are the choices faced by the social worker?).
2. Go the NASW Code of Ethics and read carefully the descriptions of each of the following standards:
Social workers’ ethical responsibility to clients Commitment to clients (1.01)
Informed consent (1.03)
Cultural competence and social diversity (1.05) Conflicts of interest (1.06)
Privacy and confidentiality (1.07)
Clients who lack decision-making capacity (1.14) Consultation (2.05)
3. Choose THREE (3) standards that you think are most relevant to the ethical dilemma case.
4. Discuss/explain thoroughly how and why you think each standard is applicable to the case.
5. Address the degree to which there may be conflict between standards and or parts of standards.
6. Rank in order the NASW standards in terms of their ethical relevance to the case.
7. Identify personal values that may be relevant to the case, and explain how these values influence your thinking about the case
8. Identify and discuss any potential conflict or discrepancy between your personal values and the professional values from the Code of Ethics discussed in #3 and #4.
9. To what degree do your personal values conflict with or shape your interpretation of the professional values as applied to the case? Consider how you will “recognize and manage personal values in a way that allows professional values to guide social work practice.”
10. Based on your rank ordering of professional values (above) and relevance of personal values, identify the next steps you would take to resolve this ethical dilemma.
references must only be scholarly references
Ethical Dilemma Case #2
Self Determination or Child Safety?
Maria (aged 30), who has 4 children, suffers from domestic violence. She had contemplated divorcing her husband but never did. As a result of this domestic violence, Maria became depressed and had attempted suicide several times since last year. She also told her children she wanted to die with them as she did not want to leave them behind. Sara (age 9), her eldest child, shared this in confidence with her school counselor. Maria was referred to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and soon after she was Baker Acted into an inpatient psychiatric hospital. The children were subsequently placed in foster care.
Following Maria’s discharge, the children were returned to her care at the family’s request. DCF shared with Maria their concerns and explored safety plans for the children. Maria proposed that she move out of the house with the children as she had already made up her mind to divorce her spouse.
Furthermore, Maria also agreed to continue with treatment for her depression. Three months after the children’s return, Sara shared with the school counselor more information and pleaded with the counselor not to tell her Child Protection Officer (CPO) or her mother what she had shared because the mother had warned her that the CPO would place her and her siblings in foster care again if they are aware of the information.
The school counselor shared the information with CPO in confidence after she explained to Sara that she had to inform CPO so that they can get help for her mother, Maria. When CPO spoke with Maria about her bringing the children to meet their father, she denied. She demanded to know the source of CPO’s information and alleged that someone is “making up stories to destroy my family”. She accused CPO of not trusting her and being concerned only for the children. She also demanded that CPO close her case and leave her family alone as they had been doing fine the past 3 months.
you can use the NASW and the Education policy as 2 references you just need to add one more. before you start this paper i would like to chat to make sure you understand it completely. the instructions are an outline for the paper and i will like the paper without a title page please.
pages 1-4 should be content and page 5 is references.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.