RUA: Analyzing Published Research Guidelines
The purpose of this paper is to interpret the two articles identified as most important to the group topic.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice.
(POs 4 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to
Total points possible: 200 points
Preparing the assignment
1. Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
2. Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
3. The paper will include the following:
a. Clinical Question (30 points/15%)
1. Describe the problem: What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Significance of problem: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this
is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. Purpose of the paper: What will your paper do or describe?
***Please note that although most of these questions are the same as you addressed in paper 1, the purpose of
this paper is different. You can use your paper 1 for items 1 & 2 above, including any faculty suggestions for
improvement provided as feedback.
b. Evidence Matrix Table: Data Summary (Appendix A) – (60 points/30%)
Categorize items in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. References (recent publication within the last 5 years)
2. Purpose/Hypothesis/Study Question(s)
3. Variables: Independent (I) and Dependent (D)
4. Study Design
5. Sample Size and Selection
6. Data Collection Methods
7. Major Findings (Evidence)
c. Description of Findings (60 points/30%)
Describe the data in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. Compare and contrast variables within each study.
2. What are the study design and procedures used in each study; qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method
study, levels of confidence in each study, etc.?
3. Participant demographics and information.
4. Instruments used, including reliability and validity.
5. How do the research findings provide evidence to support your clinical problem, or what further evidence
is needed to answer your question?
6. Next steps: Identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
d. Conclusion (20 points/10%)
Review major findings in a summary paragraph.
1. Evidence to address your clinical problem.
2. Make a connection back to all the included sections.
NR449 Evidence-Based Practice
RUA: Analyzing Published Research Guidelines
3. Wrap up the assignment and give the reader something to think about.
e. Format (30 points/15%)
1. Correct grammar and spelling
2. Include a title and reference page
3. Use of headings for each section:
o Synthesis of the Literature
− Implications for Future Work
5. Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines
6. Include at least two (2) scholarly, current (within 5 years) primary sources other than the textbook
7. 3-4 pages in length, excluding appendices, title and reference pages
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.