1. Read the Case Study details below.
2. Answer the questions, showing your work for any calculations, and submit to the Case Study #1 Dropbox on Blackboard.
1. Kara is a 14 year old, 125 lb high school basketball player. She has been feeling fatigued and sore lately, has been sick three separate times in the last 3-4 months, and is having trouble concentrating in class. A dietary recall shows that Kara typically eats the following on a daily basis:
• 7 am: 13.5oz Simply Orange® Pulp Free orange juice (at home before school)
• 11:30 am: 2 cups Kraft® macaroni and cheese, 1 4-oz Dole® Fruit Bowl Mixed Fruit in 100% Fruit Juice (lunch in school cafeteria)
• 3 pm: 1 Quaker® Chewy Chocolate Chip granola bar (before basketball practice)
• 7 pm: 2-3 cups homemade spaghetti with tomato sauce, 1 piece Texas Toast style garlic bread, 10oz Fairlife® Yup! Rich Chocolate Milk 1% (at home after practice)
• 10 pm: 2 cups Breyers® Cookies & Cream ice cream (bedtime snack)
a. Based on her dietary recall, why might Kara be feeling fatigued, sore, and sick? What dietary recommendations would you give to Kara? Please be specific, especially regarding protein and energy intake, and be sure to consider how the fact that she is an adolescent female may inform your recommendations. (10 pts)
b. To make sure that Kara isn’t exercising too much, you’d like to assess her physical activity levels throughout the week. What physical activity assessment method would you recommend and why? (5 pts)
2. Kyle is a collegiate hockey player. He currently weighs 165 lbs, and his goal is to gain 5-10 lbs within the next 2-3 months. In addition to a full class schedule, he practices with the hockey team daily, travels to games on the weekends, and works part-time in the campus bookstore. He wants to know how much protein he should consume daily. Kyle is also interested in meal and snack ideas for his travel weekends with the team.
a. How many grams of protein should Kyle consume daily? Explain your answer. (5 pts)
b. Please provide at least five protein-rich and well-balanced meal/snack ideas for Kyle’s travel weekends. Justify your recommendations. (5 pts)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.