1) Choose four media episodes/shows (22 -60 mins). (you can alternate NEW journal articles for shows, books, other sources.)
a) they should be the same show/series, but don’t have to be if you have a reason.
b) create your code sheet (use the attached sheet as a model)
c) qualitative (themes) or quantitative (words/actions)
d) define themes or actions
2) Count the (this is up to you) images, stories,clothing, ages, gender, race, class, income, violence, sex, drugs, etc.
3) Explain why chose to watch for this purpose (a) how did you decide what to count and (b) what criteria did you use to make sure you counted what you said you counted
4) Analyze your findings, what did you find and what does it mean
1200-1600 words (include pics if you want) (8pts)
Share/summarize your findings to the class next week in a brief (2pts)
1) presentations should be approx. 2 minutes
2) should explain WHY you chose this medium and particular content
3) should explain HOW you DEFINED what you would MEASURE and how you measured it
4) what you found (ex. in 187 minutes I found 207 images of violence or in 4 episodes I found the portrayal of women limited to supporting roles and featured less than 6 mins of dialogue total)
5) What should we take away from this, what is the critical understanding we have missed.
Content Analysis is often about uncovering unsettling messages. View this film as a primer for your project.
Consider how viewing these films reinforces beliefs about equality, gender, class, sexuality, etc.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.