Learning about leadership is one thing, but experiencing leadership is another. If you can practically apply what you are learning, you will have a vastly different learning experience. Not all situations require the same tools and approaches, so it is time to figure out what works and what does not work.
Choose one of the 12 listed actions and create a journal expressing your experience.
Please reference “Leadership: Theory, Application and Skill Development.”
Your book should be referenced, so please do work to tie these experiences to leadership and your understanding of leadership. Choose one to try and then write a journal on your experience:
1. Listen to someone without pre-planning what you will say. Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People has a great chapter about this.
2. Do not interrupt someone when talking to them. This is also a take-off on the listen to fully understand in action 1.
3. Find a situation where you give praise. And do not just give praise to the person, go out of your way (just like you would if complaining about a person) to go to the boss or someone that needs to hear about the good service.
4. Find a situation where you give constructive feedback to someone.
5. Change up things in your routine. If you sit in the same spot in a meeting, change it up. If you park in the same spot, change it up. If you drive somewhere the same way, change it up. What does this teach you about change management and our assumptions about the change process?
6. Coach someone on a technique, a process, a task, a software program, a game – the options are endless here
7. Practice networking. Do research on best practices and then make a plan and start executing that plan
8. I have always used one route on my way to my job. In this case, I will change my course and take another route to see if I will get to the same destination in a timely manner.
9. I will ask my children to take up my responsibilities in the household and see how they respond. This will be some of the chores I complete on a daily bases (making dinner, starting a load of wash, folding my clothes and putting away).
10. My son has always wanted me to train him on how to play a fighting video game. I will ask him to spend time with me and teach him. Then, I will also engage with him until he becomes proficient at the game.
11. I will go out and try to make new friends who are in different careers. In this case, I will target the students or coworkers at my institutions who may not be in the same profession and build my network.
12. I will create blank forms and give them to my friends, where I will ask them to provide feedback on my interactions with them in any circumstances.
This is the One Reference to use:
Lussier, R. & Achua, C. F. (2016). Leadership: Theory, Application and Skill Development (6th
Ed). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.