Hide Assignment Information
Assessment #1: Understanding an Income Statement
You are an intern in a health care organization business office. Use the Dehew Health System income statement in the attachment, please develop a 4-6 page paper responding to the following questions regarding the income statement: (The income statement is attached)
1. What is an income statement used for?
2. What are the key components of an income statement?
3. On your example of an income statement, is the organization making a profit or loss? How much is that profit or loss? Show the calculations. (Total Revenues – Total Expenses = Net Profit/Loss)
4. On your example of an income statement, what is the “total contribution margin”? Show the calculations. (Net Sales – Total Variable Costs=Total Contribution Margin). You can use the assumption that volume is 15,000 if not included in financial statements.
5. What three financial indicators does a contribution margin help determine? How?
6. What is a break-even analysis? What is the break-even point for this organization? List expenses assigned as variable and fixed. Show the calculations. (Total revenues – Total VC – Total FC= Profit)
7. How does a break-even analysis vary between fee-for-service and capitated payments? Explain it using the income statement you chose. What are the similarities and differences applicable to the Income statements in fee-for-service and capitated payment options?
The paper should not be more than 6 pages and should follow APA format, spelling and grammar. Include a cover page and reference page (not included in the page count). Make sure to properly cite and reference all the used sources. The calculations need to be shown as formulas using figures. Follow the mathematical rules while calculating numbers.
Income Statement Below – For some reason I can’t attach the document.
Dehew Healthcare System
Gross Patient Revenue
Deductions from Revenue
Provision for Bad Debt
Total Deductions from Patient Revenue
Net Patient Revenue
Total Net Revenue
SALARIES AND WAGES
S&W – REGULAR (Line Staff)
S&W – REGULAR Executive/Management/Providers)
PHYSICIAN DIRECTOR FEES
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS EXPENSES
MEDICAL SURGICAL SUPPLIES
WEARING APPAREL EXPENSE
OFFSITE RECORD STORAGE
GARBAGE AND REFUSE REMOVAL
PURCHASED OUTSIDE SERVICES
RENT – EXPENSE
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE (T&M)
OTHER OPERATING EXPENSES
INSURANCE – PROF. LIABILITY
Total Operating Expenses
Units of Service
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.