Week 1 Journal: Evidence-Based Practice:
1: In your own words, describe the steps of EBP.
2: Why is EBP important to clinical practice?
3: What is the difference between original research and EBP?
4: What EBP projects have you experienced in your clinical practice environment? What was the impetus? Were there any barriers or facilitators? What was the outcome? Is the clinical practice change still in effect today, why or why not?
5: How can you cultivate a spirit of inquiry and EBP culture within your organization?
Please post your answers to these prompts in this FlipGrid (Links to an external site.) after reviewing the rubric for this assignment.
Week 1 Readings and Resources
· Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt – Chapters 1, 7, 13 & EBP Case Study (p. 70)
Evidence-Based Practice Resources:
The following PowerPoint, articles, and videos will provide you with a fundamental foundation of EBP.
· Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice – Week.pptx
· Monturo_et_al. (2019) Cultivating a Spirit of Inquiry.pdf
· DeJean (2016) Finding Qualitative Research Evidence for Health Technology Assessment
· Sadeghi (2014) Barriers to Evidence-Based Medicine
· Carter (2017) Clarifying the Conundrum: EBP, QI or Research?
· Hain (2015) Using EBP to Move Beyond Doing Things the Way We Have Always Done Them
· Melnyk (2014) The Establishment of Evidence-Based Practice Competencies for Practicing Registered Nurses and Advanced Practice Nurses in Real-World Clinical Settings
· Melnyk_(2010)_ Evidence_Based_Practice__Seven_Steps.pdf
· Melynk _2009__Igniting_a_Spirit_of_Inquiry.pdf
· VCU Health Nursing Inquiry Process Diagram.pdf
· What is Evidence-Based Practice? (Links to an external site.)
· Viva La Evidence (Links to an external site.)
· Evidence-Based Practice: Improving Practice, Improving Outcomes Part 1 (Links to an external site.)
· Evidence-Based Practice: Improving Practice, Improving Outcomes Part 2 (Links to an external site.)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.