Financial Management Assignment
1. Select a listed company in Sri Lankan Stock Exchange, engaged in “Manufacturing and Retail Operations”.
2. Present a detailed report to the CEO, critically evaluating the organisation’s current financial health.
3. When evaluating the Organisation’s
a. financial health,
b. a detailed ratio analysis and
c. a working capital assessment should be carried.
4. Each ratio should be explained in the context of the organisations operations and academic referencing is required on ;
5. Definition of the ratio
6. Application and interpretation of the ratio
7. If applicable, comparisons should be sighted from the industry or relevant competitors to, enhance the value of the assessment.
8. Based on the analysis and findings, suggestions for improvements should be discussed.
Note to students
This assignment structure is only a guideline. Students are advised not to follow the exact structure and format but use the general framework as a guide and develop your own unique approach making necessary changes, as discussed during the assignment guidance session.
Assignment structure (for reference only; not to be adapted verbatim)
Table of Contents
a. What? – an introduction to the topic of the assignment
b. Why? important
c. Methodology (Approach)
• Company selected eg: Odel
• Evaluation of key financial ratios and other measures of performance
• Recommendations on the performance of the company
2. Financial Health (THEORY supported with citations)
a. What is financial health?
b. Importance of financial health
c. How is financial health measured?
d. Less risk or more risk – and their respective impact on financial health
e. Is it necessary to balance risk/ or capture market opportunities
3. Ratio analysis – a critical evaluation: Use the YW technique as much as possible, and refer to the note on Descriptive vs. Critical writing
a. Purpose of a ratio analysis (THEORY)
b. Whilst evaluating may highlight the limitations
c. What should be done amidst such issues of limitations
4. Working capital (THEORY) with a critical evaluation
a. What is Working capital
b. Why working capital is important (…. Linked to financial health)
c. How Working capital is assessed
5. Company analysis
a. Introduction of the main company and alternate competitor company
i. Introduction (background to company) should be relevant
– Company operation (industry & nature of business)
– Size (turnover, no. of employees, assets employed etc.)
b. Assessing financial health
i. Financial performance (General overview)
– Horizontal and Vertical analysis (Value addition)
ii. Financial position – Asset mix and Capital structure (General overview)
– Horizontal and Vertical analysis (Value addition)
iii. Computation of key relevant ratios to evaluate financial health, supported by a definition and explanation in the context of the organization
– Investor (those applicable only)
c. Application and interpretation
d. Comparisons with competitor (Value addition)
i. Drawing conclusions of main company based on comparison with the competitor
6. Working capital position
a. Liquidity (could be connected to the ratios )
b. Working capital strategy adopted (Value addition)
a. Those that could be ideally implemented from a practical point of view
i. ST recommendations
ii. LT recommendations
b. Be specific and focused
a. Brief summary
b. A string convincing message with key considerations
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.