Please answer the following questions on a brief paragraphs based on the handouts given.
1. What might companies or members of the public infer about members of your group based on what is publicly visible on their Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or other social media accounts? Consider not only what might be inferred from content you have posted, but also what might be inferred from facts about which friends you have, whom you have followed and who has followed you, which posts you have liked, and so forth. Are you comfortable with the amount of information about you that could be inferred based on your social media activity? Why or why not? You do not need to reveal any personal information that makes you feel uncomfortable to answer this question. If no members of your group have any social media accounts, answer this question by choosing a public Twitter or Instagram account and considering what you can infer about its owner.
Look at the supplementary file from Kosinski et al.’s paper, which lists the most predictive Facebook likes for each of the categories they studied. (The supplementary file is appended to this PDF.)
1. Which entries do you find most unsurprising? Why? Which do you find most surprising? Why?
2. Are there any entries which strike you as unfair, in the sense that it would be inappropriate to infer that a person belongs to the category in question on the basis of liking the page in question? Explain your reasoning.
1. Liu et al.’s findings suggest that Facebook users have little awareness of the privacy settings of the content they post. What, in your opinion, is the most likely explanation for this fact?
2. Liu et al. suggest that Facebook users might be able to manage their privacy more effectively if they were given the option of sharing content with automatically detected networks of friends (see Section 5 of the paper). Do you believe this intervention would be effective? Why or why not?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.