“In response to Farley, do you think there are any universal sexual norms in addition to consent? (Consent is one of the seven norms she proposes as universal for all human cultures, sexualities, and genders.) Explain your position and the reason(s) behind it. Required length is at least 4, but not more than 5, double-spaced pages.”
In order to answer this question prompt well, you need to give your own point of view. You will not earn a high grade if you simply summarize what Farley wrote and then say “I agree.” I am looking for critical engagement with Farley’s ideas, so if you do agree with her in whole or in part, I need you to tell me why. If you disagree with her in whole or in part, I need you to tell me why.
2. You can have a critical engagement with Farley’s proposal of 7 universal norms in a lot of different ways. You might think that all seven norms are perfect as she states them. You might think that only norm #2, free consent, is necessary. You might think that some of the norms are basically right, but you might want to rephrase, rearticulate, or modify them so that they are slightly different. You may want to add additional norms that she doesn’t propose but that you think are necessary. She views these norms both as minimal requirements and as aspirational ideals, so the ability of any real relationship to satisfy any of the norms is going to happen in degrees (more or less perfectly satisfied).
3. Make sure you actually answer the question prompt. If I can’t tell what your point of view on the question is, you will not earn a high grade.
4. Make sure you make sufficient references to Farley’s text. I can’t give you a minimum required number of references, since this depends on what you want to argue in your paper. The point of making a reference to the text is to support your argument and interpretation of another author.
5. Make sure your argument is coherent and consistent from beginning to end. If you contradict yourself, make sure it’s for a good reason.
6. Before you start writing, make sure you have read the entire section that lays out the theory and the implications of the seven norms (pp. 174-244), not just the key part in the middle where she tells you what the seven norms are (pp. 215-232). That way, you won’t come to premature conclusions or inaccurate interpretations of what Farley is trying to communicate to you as the reader.
7. Consider including some examples of how these norms would apply in actual, real, sexual relationships, so that your discussion of the norms doesn’t end up being too abstract or idealized. You can look at the examples Farley provides on pp. 232-240, but you don’t have to limit yourself to these ones if you want to use different examples that you think are more relevant.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.