And so the saying goes “if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” During the 1800’s Nat Turner and John Brown were two men that were not only passionate about their beliefs but had no qualms about taking a stand against the injustices of slavery by any means necessary. Although John Brown has emerged to some as a hero, to others Nat Turner is still a debatable topic. Some argue that while seeking his quest for freedom Turner’s actions were more of a terrorist and in some regard has completely diminished his legacy. For this assignment, you are to read Race and the Revolutionaries: How Racial Identity has determined the Legacy of Nat Turner and John Brown by Chelsea Easter, once complete proceed to the questions below. ******************************************Questions*******************************************
• Explain who Nat Turner and John Brown are and what is their significance to U.S. History? • Discuss the similarities and differences of Turner and Brown at least three (3) of each (similarities and differences), please explain thoroughly.
• Some would argue that Nat Turner and John Brown’s actions were equally inhuman as the institution of slavery, particularly Nat Turner because he was enslaved at birth. Explain – were the actions of both Turner and Brown justifiable and what fueled their passion so much so that they were willing to die for their beliefs?
• From the reading the author notes that race played a substantial role in the legacy of Turner vs. Brown. Explain the legacy that has been left behind by both. Is this a race issue that one is remembered more favorably than the other? Explain.
• Although telling the history of a slave insurrectionist is not the history that most people care to talk about…how should Nat Turner be remembered? Should the memory of Turner and Brown be kept alive and what is their “rightful place” in History? Explain. Requirements:
• Write a 3 – 5-page essay, (do not exceed 8 pages) Times New Roman 12 font, double-spaced with 1” margins.
• A minimum of 3 footnotes are required (Chicago Writing Style) and a Bibliography page, cannot exceed 15 footnotes. • In addition to the required reading Race and the Revolutionaries, you are allowed to use 2 additional sources.
• For each bullet, a new paragraph is required…there is no need to add excessive spacing in between each question.
• For your heading please do not include a cover sheet.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.