Essay Three Assignment: Masculinity
Length: at least 3 pages/750 words
Thesis Statement and Outline
Final Version due Friday, 11/13 by 11:59 pm.
Articles. You MUST Use Tatum and 1 other article (two total).
· Beverly Daniel Tatum, “The Complexity of Identity ‘Who am I?’”
· Michael Ian Black, “The Boys are not All Right”
· Andrew Romano “Why we need to reimage masculinity?”
· Sarah Showfety “Field Guide to the Tomboy”
· Colleen Clemens “What we mean, when we say–Toxic Masculinity”
Videos, Websites, and Poems. You MUST use at least 1.
· Ben Hurst TED talk, “Boys Won’t Be Boys. Boys Will Be What We Teach Them To Be.”
· Syd Robinson, “Here Are 16 Examples of Positive Masculinity.”
· “Strong men caring women” (Infographic)
· “The Mask You Live In” Trailer
· Gillette Commercial
· Jackson Katz’s “Toxic Masculinity”
You must cite all quotes using MLA format and include a Works Cited page. Review the MLA quick guide for examples of how to do this and how to format your essay.
You have done a lot of thinking and writing about this topic. For this essay, you will develop your own question based on the themes and ideas in the informal writing. This may be surprisingly difficult. If you are really stuck, you can use one of the sample questions below. However, be sure to create your own thesis statement!
How to do it:
· Obviously, you first have to make sure you have completed all the work, including the informal writing.
· Review your informal writing. What ideas do you see emerging and important and interesting to you?
· Draft a question and an answer. It might be that you start with an idea, and then come up with a question that goes with it. Or you might have a question first, and then a thesis.
· Review the texts in the list above. What fits with your thoughts and helps you expand your ideas?
· Choose more quotes to work with and expand your informal writing.
· Review my comments on your draft and make changes.
· Revise. Make sure you have a clear question and thesis and that your ideas all fit together.
Examples of questions and thesis statements:
What is the effect of traditional masculinity on people today?
Traditional masculinity limits men in many ways. These limitations can often be emotionally and financially damaging to men, making them feel like they are never good enough. Damaged men can be hurtful to the women and children around them.
How does masculinity relate to other parts of a man’s identity?
The different aspects of our identity, such as race, class, and gender, are all interconnected. Therefore, masculinity might be different for men of different races. Similarly, socioeconomic status can have a big impact on how we think about masculinity.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.