* First, provide a brief overview of Canada’s book. In your overview, discuss at least three (3) themes, or main ideas, that you believe are important to the author’s overall message here with his book.
Seeds of Violence…
* Describe the incident with the jacket when the author says he “first became aware of violence.” What does it tell us and why do you think he includes it in the beginning of his story?
Crime, Law & Order….
* In Chapter Eleven, Canada discusses the Rockefeller Laws on drugs. These laws were passed during the term of Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller in New York during the early 1970s. Describe very briefly the laws and the effects they had on the drug traffic and drug dealers of New York. How might you explain these effects with a criminological theory? (i.e., subcultural theories of crime; strain theory; etc.).
* Explain at least two of the actions Canada says government must take to eliminate some of the violence in our streets. Why do you think he believes in them? Do you?
* Answer this question from a sociological perspective of crime (i.e., learning theory, subcultural theory, etc.): To what extent is urban street violence (micro) a reflection of national violence (macro), for instance wars (currently and in history), sensational news reporting, the violence of video games and the culture of rap?
Conclusion: Thoughts on the book…
* Do you think it necessary for anyone wanting to work with at-risk youth have some personal experience with violence themselves? Why or why not? In what ways can a youth worker overcome their ignorance of how violence works, and are there some things they simply cannot understand without having experienced such violence themselves?
* Length: approx. 5-6 pages in length
* Font, Margins, Spacing: Times New Roman, Ariel, (something professional!) font, 10-12 pt., 1 inch margins; 1.5 or double-spaced
* Reminders: The reflection should be written as an ESSAY (do not number the responses to the questions). I recommend using headings and sub-headings to identify issues you plan to address in the paper. [You may use the sample headings provided above on page 1.]
** Be sure to cite to your sources appropriately; APA format preferred; In-text citation for paraphrasing: (Canada, 1995); in-text citation for quoting directly from the book: (Canada, 1995, p. 104 (or Loc. #, if using a Kindle/e-book version).
** ATTACH REFERENCE PAGE AT THE END OF YOUR PAPER, which should include ALL sources used in the paper. REMEMBER TO CITE, CITE, CITE! **
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.