Choose a foreign registrant listed on a U.S. stock exchange that files its financial statements in IFRS and an industry competitor in the US that uses GAAP.
2. Save a copy of form 20-F or foreign company annual report prepared using IFRS as issued by the IASB. Also, obtain the 10-K for an industry competitor in the US using GAAP.
3. Find three major differences on the Income Statement between the competitor firms using IFRS and GAAP. Example:
– Presentation differences: Income Statement expenses listed by nature for Company X and function for Company Y.
4. Describe at least two differences in disclosure provided in the footnotes of the competitors under IFRS and US GAAP. Example:
– The Property, Plant and Equipment footnote is much more detailed for Company X in IFRS than for Company Y using US GAAP. For each PP&E component, it reconciles the differences beginning and ending net book values including additions, disposals, currency translation effects, depreciation and impairments. Company Y lists the PP&E components only.
5. Compare the company’s profitability under IFRS and U.S. GAAP for at least two years. At minimum, calculate a measure of return on equity under each (Net Income/Shareholders’ Equity). Explain whether you think the difference in profitability between the two firms is driven primarily by economic or accounting differences? Example:
— Return on Equity for Company X is affected by revaluation of PP&E. Revaluations
decreases the numerator (excess depreciation) and increases the denominator.
– Profitability difference is economic. Company Y’s customer loyalty and distinct products distinguished it from Company X.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.