Leadership in Business Management
Message to writer – An “interview” is involved in having to “meet” someone in person. I do not mind if you choose to write about someone fictional or someone interesting to you. (Writer’s choice/preference). Requesting a 10-page minimum paper, please. Thank you.
A. Personal Mission Statement (1 or 2 paragraphs; 10 points):
One of the most important aspects of Leadership is self-knowledge and particular awareness of your priorities and values. While there is no unique format or formula for creating your personal mission statement, the following guidelines may be helpful:
Keep it simple, clear, and brief. Your mission statement should touch upon what you want to focus on and who you want to become as a person (character) in this part of your life. Think about specific actions, behaviors, habits, and qualities that would have a significant positive impact. Make sure your mission statement is positive. Instead of saying what you don’t want to do or don’t want to be, say what you do want to do or become. Include positive behaviors, character traits, and values that you consider particularly important and want to develop further. Think about how your actions, habits, behavior, and character traits in this area affect the important relationships in your life. Create a mission statement that will guide you in your day-to-day actions and decisions. Think about how your mission affects the other areas of your life. Is it balanced? Including an emotional payoff in your mission statement infuses it with passion and will make it even more compelling, inspiring, and energizing. Remember that your mission statement is not cast in stone. It will continue to change and evolve as you gain insights about yourself and what you want out of each part of your life.
B. Leadership Style Interview (4-6 full pages: 45 points)
Choose someone who has had experience in leading within an organization and ask them if you could interview them by phone or in person. The interview should take about 30 minutes. Be sure to take notes during the interview.
Use the following questions when you conduct the interview (feel free to ask other questions as well):
1. Ask the leader to consider a time when they faced a challenging situation at work that demanded that they grow as a leader. Ask them to briefly describe the situation. Why was it challenging and what was at stake? What tensions and conflicts were at play?
2. Ask them to explain the three (or more) most important actions they took as a leader to address the situation. What were the kinds of things they did that made a difference? How did they decide on a best course of action? Who helped them to formulate a strategy?
3. Ask the leader what kind of resistance did they face and from whom? How did they overcome that resistance? In hindsight, what, if anything, might they have done differently?
4. Ask them to speak personally and comment on how they were feeling entering the situation and how their feelings may have changed during the experience.
5. Ask them to share some of their own thoughts on what they think it means to be an effective leader.
After the interview, thank them for their time and be sure to send them a personalized thank you note.
6. Once you have completed this interview, the next step is to write your analysis, please include the following:
– A Mini Bio describing the person interviewed (less than 5 lines)
– How do you know this leader? How did you get the interview?
– Was it a pleasant experience or did you think it was hard?
– Will there be any follow-up?
7. NEXT – Write a description of the situation, the leader’s tactics/strategies and outcomes, as well as your own conclusion summarizing what the key learning points that emerged for you from this interview. What did you learn about their leadership styles? Connect any 5 Leadership principles within the class text to their style of leadership. What did you learn about yourself? How did this interview help to foster your own philosophy of leadership?
8. Your interview summary should be 4-6 pages in length, double-spaced, 1” margins, size 12 font with complete sentences and proper spelling and grammar and should represent a written presentation of the interview.
C. My Story (4-6 full pages: 45 points)
Imagine someone interested in writing your biography is interviewing you. What would you say that you would want the world to know about you? What are the “a-ha” moments that have led you to be the person you are today? For this assignment, you are not encouraged to write your life story. Rather, I would like you to capture three stories that have had a profound impact on you and are guiding forces in your current actions.
Each story should include the following components:
1.A brief description of the “event”
2.What sense you make out of the experience (lessons learned)
3.How you are changed as a result of the experience
4.Last, there should be a one-page reflection of how these three stories have shaped and changed you in the context of leadership. Some questions to consider exploring include (these are to help you think about what you want to write. You do not have to answer all the following questions.): What is your family history? What are your family traditions and customs? How have these factors influenced your life and perceptions of leadership? Do you have any social identities that influence your actions in the context of leadership? When was the first time you realized your leadership potential? Are there any influences outside of your family that have shaped your values and philosophy of leadership? What about the imperfect moments or mistakes that shaped the content of your character? How have mentors and critical incidents transformed you?
5. Your “My Story” response should be 4-6 pages in length, double-spaced, 1” margins, size 12 font with complete sentences and proper spelling and grammar.
Your 10-14-page paper should be approximately 4-6 full pages of text for the Leadership Style Interview; 4-6 full pages of text for the My Story response, 1-2 paragraphs for your Personal Mission Statement (double-spaced, 1” margins, and size 12 font for your entire paper). Additionally, add a title page including MGT 445, Leadership Paper, your name, and date of paper submission.
The MGT 445 Leadership Paper Rubric is located in our Course Documents link.
You should submit your completed Leadership paper to the Turnitin Dropbox located in our MGT 445 ASSIGNMENTS link by the deadline. Late papers will not be accepted after deadline resulting in a 0 grade.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.