A copy of the text book is attached to this order.
Case study on Resource Allocation and Priority Setting
Read the case study located in section 9.9 of your textbook, Case 4: Internet-based HIV-AIDS Education and Prevention Programs in Vulnerable Populations: Black Men Who Have Sex with Men. View the video summarizing the issues related to ethics in public health research (Instructional video created by Kristen Priddy(2019)
Step 1: Analyze the Ethical Dimensions of the Public Health Issue and Context
There are two public health professionals involved in decision-making in this scenario. Dr. Albert is a social scientist with strong training in conducting research. Dr. Baines is a community worker who focuses on interventions with the community.
Dr. A wants to use this opportunity as a research study that could generate new information that could be generalized to other communities.
Dr. B wants to focus their efforts on intervening in their own community rather than spending time on conduction research.
This intervention would focus on a small subset of their community population, black men who have sex with men. Conducting research would allow them to generalize their findings to a broader population, but would also mean that the subjects in the control group don’t get the intervention. Conducting this education as an intervention would mean focusing on all black men who have sex with men within their community, but the outcomes could not be published as a research study that could benefit other communities and populations.
Respond to these questions on your discussion board:
· As public health professionals, do Dr. Albert and Dr. Baines have ethical obligations to other populations within their community? How about outside the community? Which obligation should be their highest priority, the subset of men who have sex with men, their whole community, or populations outside their community?
· On what basis is the public health agency justified in advancing interventions that target only a subgroup of the community?
Step 2: Formulate Alternative Courses of Action and Evaluate their Ethical Dimensions
· What is the appropriate public health goal in this situation? Providing an intervention that will improve the health of the members of their community, or doing research to create new knowledge that could impact many communities?
· If the educational program is used as a research study, what are the possible benefits and risks to the experimental participants? What are the possible risks and benefits to the control group?
· Based on your answer to the first question, is approval from an IRB necessary?
Step 3: Provide Justification for a Particular Public Health Decision
· Should this project go forward as a research study or as an intervention?
· What is the justification for your decision? (Which ethical principles take priority and why?)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.