Your final paper for the course should be a sociological analysis of the “labor regime” dynamics of a job that you are familiar with. This could be a job you are currently working at. It could be one that you have worked on in the past. It can be one that you hope to have once you graduate. Or, it can be one that you know very well because someone close to you holds this position (ex. a family member, spouse, friend, etc.). Your analysis should include all of the following:
1. A description of the organization/ firm, including what commodities/services are produced, what the range of positions are within that workplace, a brief history of when this organization/firm developed, where it operates, and other useful information that helps clarify its basic goals and operations.
2. An analysis of the power structure and labor process of the firm. This should clarify who exercises power in the workplace, what the sources of this power are, how this power manifests in worker productivity and worker quiescence. This section of the paper should address issues of hegemony and class domination.
3. An analysis of the sources of worker power, or lack thereof. This section should analyze the strengths and limitations of managerial power in actually inducing worker productivity on the job.
4. An analysis of the commodification of workplace relations, between workers and managers, among workers, and among managers. This section should assess the extent to which these relations are commodified.
5. An analysis of the geographic nature of the job and organization/firm. This section should clarify how local labor regime dynamics are influenced by and/or connected to other workplaces across the globe.
Your paper should be written as a coherent essay that includes an introduction, body and conclusion. It should be 7-10 pages long, typed, double-spaced, and with absolutely no spelling or grammatical errors. When employing concepts such as hegemony, commodification, globalization, or worker power, your sources must be properly cited (in any format you feel comfortable using).
You should feel free to use any of the scholarly or professional sources discussed in this class, as long as they are clearly relevant to the main points of your paper. You are also expected to use at least two other scholarly sources in your paper. These sources must be academic sources, including a social science journal article or book published by a university press. You must include a reference bibliography at the end of your paper that lists the sources that you used in your paper. This bibliography does not count towards the total page count of your paper.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.