Practical Microbiology – in-unit assessment
You are provided with a publication, which describes the development of an assay for detection of Ebolavirus infection.
1. Prepare a written protocol, containing enough information for reproduction of the work. This should be in the form of a list of materials to be used, followed by instructional bullet points, as you see with the instructions we provide for laboratory experiments. It should be unambiguous with clear direction.
2. Identify all hazards within the protocol, both reagents and procedural. Compile a table of these, including hazard classification of organisms and samples, and msds features.
3. Determine the likelihood and outcome of risk, then apply a risk score.
An example is shown below:
Likelihood of harm (probability)
Outcome of harm
Source of information (msds/publication/website)
0.4% Trypan blue for cell counting (Thermofisher)
Hazard Statements H350 – May cause cancer H361 – Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child Precautionary Statements
P201 – Obtain special instructions before use P280 – Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
P202 – Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood Response
P308 + P313 – If exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention
– low volumes used (0.1ml of 0.4%) in a single occurrence, PPA available and advised throughout.
LD50 = 6200 mg/kg (Rat)
Exposure in assay = 0.04mg
Make sure PPA is available and that safety labels are on bottles
4. Complete the risk assessment form with the information gathered in 2 and 3.
5. Insert the protocol from (!) into section 8.8.
You must submit:
a. the full risk assessment form, with your completed protocol inserted at section 8.8.
The deadline for submission is 4pm on Sunday 29th November 2020.
There is no word limit for this, however a working protocol is normally no longer than two sides of A4.
You may cut and paste from msds sites.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.