For the capstone project, you will create a business plan for a hypothetical start-up company using the scenarios provided below. In the business plan, you will need to demonstrate the integration and synthesis of competencies in all domains required for your degree program.
Select the business plan scenario assigned to your degree program from the list below:
Information Technology Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that sells computer services, equipment, or software. Select the type of products that the company will offer. The products can be real or potential.
Marketing Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that provides some type of marketing product or service (e.g., advertising campaigns, sales, online promotions). Select the type of products or services that the company will offer. The products can be real or potential.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that offers some type of accounting service. The type of services offered could include bookkeeping, auditing, tax preparation, accounting software, or some other type of current or potential service.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that offers some type of financial service. The products or services provided by the company might include banking, financial planning, investments, stockbroking, mortgage lending, etc.
Develop a business plan for a start-up company that plans to sell a product or service in a local market, in a national market, or on the Internet. Select one of your favorite products as the basis for the company, or invent a product.
Human Resource Management Majors:
Develop a business plan for a company that offers human resources products or services. Examples might include a temporary or staffing agency, a benefits consultant, a training company, etc.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
Create a business plan for your hypothetical start-up company in which you do the following:
Note: You are required to utilize both the attached “Business Plan Template” and the attached “Financial Plan Template” in creating your business plan. If the attached WGU templates are not completed and submitted, your work will automatically be returned to you without being evaluated. These templates are located in the “Supporting Documents” section of the Capstone instructions .
A. Write an executive summary (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Identify the company’s name and location.
2. Describe the mission of the company.
3. Discuss two business goals in support of the company’s mission.
4. Discuss three keys to success for the company.
B. Write a company summary (suggested length of 4–6 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the history of the industry in which the company will operate.
2. Identify the legal form that the company will take.
3. Describe the location and type of facilities needed for the company.
4. Describe the management structure, including key positions and specific responsibilities.
5. Describe the products and services offered by the company.
C. Develop a market analysis (suggested length of 3–5 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the target market for the company’s products and services, including the specific location, demographics, etc.
2. Complete an industry analysis for the company, including current trends and statistics.
3. Complete a four-square SWOT analysis for the company in which you do the following:
a. Identify three strengths, three weaknesses, three opportunities, and three threats.
b. Explain each of the identified strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
D. Develop a market strategy (suggested length of 3–6 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Discuss each of the four Ps of marketing as they relate to the company’s products and services.
2. Develop a price list for the company’s products and services.
3. Develop a promotional strategy including specific tasks, target dates, and responsible parties.
4. Develop a monthly sales forecast for the first year of operations, including a discussion of expected market conditions.
Note: The sales forecast will be used as the basis for your revenue in your financial statements.
E. Develop an implementation strategy in which you do the following:
1. Summarize the overall strategy that will be utilized to launch your business, including target dates and goals for implementation.
2. Develop a post-launch monitoring plan (e.g., financial impact, quality control, customer satisfaction, monitoring schedule) to evaluate the success of the company in meeting milestones.
F. Calculate and develop the financial statements and projections for the first year of business by doing the following:
1. Develop a month-by-month forecasted profit and loss statement using an estimate of revenues and operating costs based on the sales forecast.
2. Develop a forecasted balance sheet for the end of year one.
G. Write a financial report (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Summarize the financial projections and the assumptions used in estimating the financial statements.
2. Describe the company’s financial position at the end of the first year.
3. Describe the company’s initial and future estimated capital/investment needs.
H. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
I. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.