Due Feb 15 by 2:05pm
Week Three Writing Assignment
(Links to an external site.)
1. Submit final draft of Essay #2 “I Want a Wife” for grading. Submit to Essay #2 Submission.
2. Submit first (of two drafts) for Essay #3 “Privacy.” You will have two drafts and a final draft for this paper. Do as much as possible with this week’s first draft. You should have at least one full page of draft material that includes some research. Submit this draft to the forum.
3. Submit outline of privacy paper. See sample outline below. Submit outline to the forum.
4. Read “Everyone is Watching You” by Nadine Strossen on this week’s material.
PRIVACY ESSAY ASSIGNMENT SHEET – ESSAY THREE
Your task is to write a 750-1000 word essay that argues your position on the issue of technology and privacy. Some of the questions raised by the privacy question are: (1) Must privacy by invaded today through the use of surveillance cameras for the protection of people under various circumstances (2) What is the federal or local government’s role in the protection of privacy (3) Are advances in technology and safety worth the accompanying sacrifices in privacy (4) What problems are involved with privacy invasion as a result of expanding internet use (5) To what extent is surveillance needed in the workplace.
Any of these questions or others could be the basis for your paper. Additional topics could include face recognition technology, privacy of health information, privacy of school records, privacy of mothers who have HIV, privacy in schools, identity theft, use of credit cards on the internet as a form of privacy invasion, and the internet in general and privacy including social network sites. There are also other related topics. You might browse through the database CQ Researcher for further related topics.
You may need to do some preliminary research to find a narrowed topic. CCV’s databases will help you narrow your topic and see if it is a researchable topic.
YOU WANT TO USE THE STROSSEN ARTICLE AS ONE OF YOUR SOURCES. It is a starting point for you to think about the topic. You may use CCV’s databases and other sources from the web for the paper, but be careful to evaluate those general web sources. YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY AS FIVE SOURCES (PREFERABLE) BUT NOT LESS THAN THREE.
You may use quotes, paraphrases or summaries in the paper.
DOCUMENTATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SEVERAL TIMES
1. In-text citations: Read pages 284-287. in the textbook about in text citations using MLA style. This is very important information. Essentially, it is a system for the last name of the author and page number where that quote, paraphrase or summary was found in the article that comes immediately after the outside source material e.g. (Smith 5). This not only directs the reader to the corresponding Works Cited page entry but also shows where that material has ended. VARIATION: The one major variation is if the author’s last name has already been mentioned in the text, then you can only have the page number in parentheses e.g. (5). There are several additional variations listed in the above pages.
2. Works Cited page: List your three sources on the Works Cited page. If the source is from a library database, use the database citation button for your entry for the Works Cited page format and information. It is given to you. Otherwise, use the textbook pages 287-297, and the Hartness Library Diane Hacker Update link for information about how to list the source on the Works Cited page. Go to Guides and Help and then to Citations and then to MLA citations. The Diane Hacker MLA Guide is a resource you should learn to use always.
For all web articles, the flow of information is:
Last name of author, first name
title of article in quote marks
title of website in italics
name of source if available
date of article if available
date of access
No URL addresses unless requested by the instructor. I find them unnecessary except for the database article.
See page 293 in the textbook. For an article from a CCV database, it is as follows:
Hugles, Jane C. “Problem-Solving Interactions between Mothers and Children.”
Child and Family Behavior Therapy 26.1 (2004): 1-16. PsychoINFO. doi (if available).
FOR ALL PARAPHRASES, QUOTES AND SUMMARIES YOU MUST BOTH SUPPLY A SIGNAL PHRASE THAT SHOWS WHERE THE PARAPHRASED MATERIAL BEGINS AND AN INTEXT CITATION TO SHOW WHERE IT ENDS AND TO LEAD THE READER TO THE CORRESPONDING WORKS CITED PAGE ENTRY.
YOU WANT TO READ OVER THE SAMPLE MLA STYLE ESSAY THAT BEGINS ON PAGE 303.
OUTLINE FOR PRIVACY PAPER
A working outline looks like the following sample outline. Its function is to give you a guide for research and for organization of the essay. Notice that you begin with an introduction, that can include background information on the topic, then you will build three points that support your position with help from your research. Those three points are followed by a paragraph stating the opposing view. The opposing view is then refuted in the following paragraph which then leads you into the final concluding paragraph.
Thesis statement: (One sentence which states your position on privacy issue and possibly the reasons you will use to support that position) – Put at top of page
I. (First supporting point) topic sentence
2. (Second supporting point) topic sentence
3. (Third supporting point) topic sentence
4. Opposing view (the opposite of your thesis position)
5. Refutation of opposing view (show how it is incorrect)
This is not complicated. It simply shows your position and the three major points you will use to support your position. A, B, and C are ideas and evidence that you begin to evolve to support your point that in turn supports your thesis.
I’ll also need two drafts and the outline
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.