Microorganism Profile Assignment 2021
General Education Competency – Scientific Literacy
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is for you to communicate the scientific knowledge you gain both inside and outside the microbiology classroom about a particular microorganism. All possible pathogens, are microbes that you encounter in your nursing career and therefore are relevant to your nursing success. As you progress through the Microorganism Profile Project, you will research your organism and provide written explanations in your own words. All written communication is expected to meet accepted standards for grammar, syntax, and punctuation. The completed paper is to be in APA format and is to be submitted electronically via the Assignment Drop Box in Canvas located in week 9
Skills: The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice the following skills that are essential to your success in a microbiology course. In this assignment you will:
Access and collect needed information from appropriate scholarly materials.
Communicate scientific information in your own words.
Compose a well-organized, clear, concise, essay expanding your knowledge on an assigned organism.
Correctly reference cited material using APA formatting.
Knowledge: This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the following important content knowledge in this discipline:
Fundamentals of microbiology.
The interaction between microbe and host.
Use of appropriate scientific vocabulary.
Explain the chain of transmission for your assigned microbe.
Explain treatments for microbial infection.
Identify preventative measures used for the pathogen.
Identify clinical relevance for nurses and or patients.
Understand the presentation of a patient with this microbe.
Task: To complete this assignment you should:
Unit 2: In the Microorganism profile module, find your assigned microbe. Access the Microorganism Profile Assignment and Discussion forum in the week 2 module and acknowledge that you have received your assigned organism by telling the class what organism you were assigned and what it is, bacteria, virus, fungus, or protozoan.
Unit 2 to 9: As you navigate through the microbiology course, collect information specific to your organism. Use the Microorganism Profile Paper General Guidelines and Format to through you in the important information which can include but is not limited to the following:
Type of microorganism you have
Gram reaction (if any), shape and arrangement
How the organism evades the immune system
Diseases your organism can cause.
How your organism can spread to others
Ways to prevent infection
How your organism will be treated
What a nurse needs to know about your organism
Prepare an APA format typed essay that documents YOUR understanding of the information and how it pertains to your assigned organism. APA is 12 point font Times New Roman with one-inch margins. Include a title and reference page and 3 to 5 content pages (total 5 to 7 pages).
Include at least 4 APA style references from scholarly articles or resources. For each reference, you will provide an in-text citation by providing a quote or paraphrasing the author’s information.
See the Rubric for complete requirements.
Unit 9: Upload your completed APA style paper to the Drop Box located in module 9.
Criteria for success: (Grading Rubric)
1. The student has thoroughly described the structure of the assigned microbe in detail, including the microbiological tools that would be necessary to observe the organism and virulence factors.
2. The student has thoroughly described the infectious disease caused by the assigned microbe, including conditions, duration of infection, complications, and predisposing factors.
3. All aspects concerning the interactions between the microbe and the human immune system were fully addressed. (all items or terms that are listed are described or explained in a very complete manner).
4. All aspects concerning the transmission of the assigned microbe between hosts are fully addressed. An original diagram created by the student is used to address epidemiology.
5. All aspects concerning the chemotherapeutic options for the assigned microbe are fully addressed.
6. All aspects concerning the clinical relevance of the assigned microbe are fully addressed.
7. The student can accurately interpret and communicate information using scientific vocabulary using written and/or graphical means consistently throughout the assignment.
8. The overall presentation is 100% complete, orderly, and demonstrates scholarly achievement including APA format, proper grammar, and punctuation.
9. At least 4 sources have been referenced, cited in-text, and references are from reputable sources.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.