Description and Purpose
Many people who take online courses are adult returning students who desire to complete their degree in order to advance either in their own company/organization or in their industry. Students often have been part of their organization or industry for many years. They have seen many kinds of technologies, equipment, tools, machines, processes, services, and procedures.
Think strategically about your own organization. If you are self-employed think about your own business. If you are not employed, then think about an organization you are a part of in some way (volunteer, are a member, etc.). Try to remove bias from your thinking in this instance. The idea is to objectively examine your organization and to think about how it might be improved with a new innovation.
There are two ways to approach this assignment:
1. Think about some innovation that your organization does not have, which if developed, purchased, or implemented would mean great enhancements to profitability for your organization. This can be an existing innovation, or one that can be developed/produced.
2. Think about some process, procedure, tool/technology that your organization is using which detracts from the profitability of your organization. This can be a tool or service or position that clearly was implemented to enhance, but seems to be doing the opposite.
Please understand this is not a place to complain or “take jabs” at your company. But rather it is a place to legitimately examine the operations of your organization and help determine through strategic thinking what innovation might improve or is detracting from profitability. It is also an opportunity to integrate a homework assignment to your real-life workplace. If you so desire, you can use this to suggest positive change in your organization.
Therefore, the purpose of this assignment is to make direct application of the information learned in this class to the student’s own place of employment or some personal organization.
Take some time to critically examine some aspect or operation of your organization. Try to be unbiased. Don’t focus on individual people, but rather, more on “what that person does” or “how that person does it.” What is NOT acceptable is conclusion you reach that states, “…if John only worked harder and was not taking so much time off, we would be more profitable…” That statement focuses on an individual rather than the job itself.
Think about HOW the job is done. What innovation would make that job better? Make sure it is a realistic innovation that can actually be implemented. For example, using “telepathy to communicate to customers like Mr. Spock from StarTrek” might work in some other planets, but on earth we rely on telephones, computer chat, and written letters to communicate to customers!
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: You cannot say, “…we need a new upgraded computer or software system…” or “… we need more personnel…” Everyone needs those things! And merely stating an upgrade to hardware or equipment does not meet the requirements and spirit of this assignment. The idea of this assignment is to critically examine your organization/industry and make a viable new suggestion. HINT: It might be useful to examine other similar organizations to see why they are successful and how they are different from your own organization. It might even be useful to talk to others at your organization about this to help give you ideas on how to answer this.
Again…DO NOT SAY YOU NEED BETTER OR FASTER OR NEWER SOFTWARE. THAT DOES NOT FIT THE SPIRIT OF THIS ASSIGNMENT! I want you to discover a “process” or a “product” that needs to be implemented not just software!
In a three to four page (at a minimum) report using APA format (See APA Sample Paper for formatting), answer the following questions:
1. What is your organization? (Confidentiality will be maintained). What procedure, process, operation, product, or task have you identified that could be improved? Provide a brief description.
2. What innovation do you suggest be invented and/or implemented in order to “fix” that problem or increase output/profitability. Describe this in detail. Again, note that it should be some sort of innovation that exists that is new and exciting, or can be developed in some form using existing technology.
3. How will the new innovation improve productivity/profitability? Or if you chose something being done at your organization that needs to be fixed/halted, how will doing that improve productivity/profitability? Estimate how much productivity/profitability will be increased by using either dollars or percentages or output in some way.
4. How much will this new innovation cost to implement? Describe all costs. Or how much will the change help profitability by stopping an existing innovation/procedure?
5. If you were to submit a “plan for change” to your organization to suggest this new innovation to your organization, how would it best be done so that it could be listened to, heard, and then accepted by the decision makers?
Each question should have it’s own heading (us the questions as headings) so that it is clear that all the questions have been answered. Write the paper in 3rd person. Proofread for accuracy. Make sure it is submitted on time.
Please include an introduction and conclusion.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.