Module 07 Discussion
You are about to perform a rectal examination of an older adult.
· What are the steps to examine this patient?
· Explain your rationale.
· What are some findings you can have while assessing the rectal sphincter?
· Describe the differences during the rectal examination of acute prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy.
· What findings would expect on physical examination of acute prostatitis and benign prostatic hypertrophy?
· Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in proper current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Module 7: Lecture Materials & Resources
Physical Examination Part V
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
· Jarvis, C. (2016).
o Chapter 19
· Barriers to health promotion in community dwelling elders
Stark, M. A., Chase, C., DeYoung, A. (2010). Barriers to health promotion in community dwelling elders. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 27(4), 175-186. doi: 10.1080/07370016.2010.515451
· Comprehensive Older Person’s Evaluation (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (2012). Comprehensive older person’s evaluation.https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/misc/complete_person_eval.pdf
· Aging Macular Degeneration (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Aging macular degeneration. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=30
· Colon and Rectal Cancer: What Is Your Risk? (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Colon and rectal cancer. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. Elsevier.com. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=25
· Prostate Cancer: What Is Your Risk? (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Prostate cancer. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=25
· Write Up Guideline (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Complete Physical Examination Form. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/misc/complete_phys_exam.pdf
Supplemental Online Materials & Resources
· CDC. (2016). Workplace Health Model | Workplace Health Promotion | CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/workplacehealthpromotion/model/index.html (Links to an external site.)
· Healthypeople.gov. (2020). MAP-IT in Action – In the Workplace: Employees Organize To Improve Workplace Wellness | Healthy People 2020. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/implement/workplaceWellness?_ga=1.80621335.1828370353.1479592249 (Links to an external site.)
· Health Education England. (2018). Making Every Contact Count (MECC). http://www.makingeverycontactcount.com/ (Links to an external site.)
· E-Learning for Healthcare. (2018). Making Every Contact Count – e-Learning for Healthcare. https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/making-every-contact-count/ (Links to an external site.)
If you are interested in seeing one of the training videos, watch an Open Access session on the website above.
· Improving Glycemic Control Among Incarcerated Men
Ranson, P., Outland, L. (2015, October 6). Improving Glycemic Control Among Incarcerated Men.
The presentation Improving Glycemic Control among Incarcerated Men: A Health Promotion Model from the Virginia Henderson Repository of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.