DEBATE: Is “global citizenship” the best way forward in the 21st century? Take a stand.
PROMPT: Write an 800-900 word essay for or against “Global Citizenship”
ONLY USE TEXTS LISTED IN INSTRUCTIONS. THEY ARE ATTACHED UNDER ADDITIONAL MATERIALS TITLED AS SOURCES
Introduction: Why does this global problem matter, Thesis (Hightlight), Preview.
“In this paper I will argue for/against “global citizenship,” which means standing as one for the values of respect and caring for life on earth, including ecological integrity, justice, democracy and peace.”
“I will argue for/against “global citizenship” defined in the interests of global capitalism as “sustainable development.”
2. Present & explain one global problem to make your case for or against GC, e.g. population, war, climate change, poverty, etc. Draw support for your grasp of the problem from at least one film assigned in the course.
3. Define & defend “global citizenship” using one or more of the following texts. Give reasons why it should be defined in the way you have defined it.
THESE ARE THE ONLY SOURCES:
Kant’s “Perpetual Peace”
UN Declaration of Human Rights
Earth Charter / Singer / Leopold
MacGregor’s Procedural Definition
4. Argue that “global citizenship” will (or will not) provide the best values to guide us in solving 21st century problems. Make reference to the specific aspects of the problem you outlined above and point out how GC will help (or not). Draw support for your position from at least one argument presented in the required readings.
5. Present and respond to your opposition’s best argument drawing support from at least one of the arguments in the course readings.
6. Conclude with a brief reflection on the consequences of pursuing (or failing to pursue) the course of values you argue for in your essay.
USE ONLY TEXTS ASSIGNED THIS COURSE.
Be sure you read & understand the VALUES intro to this unit, pp. 385 – 387.
“Global citizenship” is an essentially contested concept. Part of the challenge of the essay is for you to make it clear what definition you are supporting. Please use only the readings for this course to define the concept.
Making your case based on solving a global problem does not mean you should ignore the local implications or personal experience. The persuasiveness of your case depends on bringing the global home.
This is not a paper about the efficacy of ethics, i.e. whether ethics can or cannot solve our problems. Rather it is about which values you stand for, i.e. your ethics. Hence, you would be missing the point if you argued that ethics cannot save us.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.