In this exercise, you will create a depreciation schedule for Furniture Resellers as of 12/31/2016 using an Excel table. You will then sort, filter, and analyze the data in the table. These fixed assets, with associated data as of 12/31/2015, were acquired prior to the current year.
Acquisition 1/1/2007 1/1/2009
1/1/2013 Cost $8,200 $11,000 $4,000
Useful Life (years) 10
Furniture Resellers also acquired lobby furniture on 1/1/2016. The lobby furniture had a cost of $2,000, an estimated salvage value of $400, and an estimated useful life of eight years.
1. Open a Blank Workbook and save the file in your Chapter 06 folder as: EA6-A2-Depreciation-[YourName]
2. Enter appropriate bank reconciliation headers in the range A1:A2; apply italic formatting.
3. Enter the fixed-asset data in the range A4:F7; for the accumulated depreciation, enter the title but not the dollar amounts.
4. Format the range A4:F7 as a table using Blue, Table Style Dark 6 and add Depreciation _ Schedule as the table name.
5. Add a total row to the table that shows sums in columns C:D and an average in column E.
6. Turn on the First Column and Last Column table style options.
Adjust Table Rows and Columns 7. From within cell F7, extend the table to add one additional row and enter all fixed-asset information for the newly acquired asset.
8. Add two columns to the far right of the table with the headers Depreciation Expense and Year-End Book Value, in that order.
9. Wrap the text in the headers.
10. Apply appropriate column widths and, if necessary, autofit the header row height. 11. Change the orientation of the worksheet to Landscape.
Use Depreciation Functions
12. Use an Excel function to calculate depreciation expense for each fixed asset under the sum of the years’ digits method. Hint: Turn off calculated columns when entering the formulas for each fixed asset.
13. Replace the formula with one that uses an Excel function to calculate depreciation expense for each fixed asset under the straight-line depreciation method. Use calculated columns so you can enter the formula in a single row and have it automatically extend to all other fixed assets.
14. Use structured references to calculate the accumulated depreciation for each fixed asset.
15. Use structured references with calculated columns to calculate the year-end book value for each fixed asset.
16. Use the Sum function on columns F:H.
Sort and Filter a Table 17. Sort the data based on accumulated depreciation from smallest to largest. 18. Filter the table to not display fixed assets with a salvage value of $200.
19. Clear all filters; apply a new filter that displays only fixed assets with a useful life greater than six years.
Create a Chart Using Quick Analysis
20. Use Quick Analysis to create a bar chart displaying the year-end book value for each fixed asset presently displayed in the table. Position the chart below the table.
21. Apply the Accounting number format with zero decimal places to all dollar amounts.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.